Where are the cops when you need them?

>> Monday, April 26, 2010

BULL’S HIT
Rudy Garcia

BAGUIO CITY -- It was just a usual walk for me one evening on the second week this month along Kayang Street, when I noticed a man trying to come near me as fast as he can. When I stopped to ask him, he told me he was just held up by several men pointing to about five to seven men walking towards the direction of Abanao St.

The man said they got his wallet containing his salary as a construction worker and good that his cell phone was spared because it was placed inside one of his worn socks. I thought of helping this poor guy and play hero at that moment, but thinking I am not superman, I advised him instead to go immediately to the nearest police station which is just a stone’s away and ask for assistance.

I wonder why criminal elements could openly ply their activities in an area very near two police stations, and worst not even a policeman or a barangay tanod could be seen to assist when incidents like this happen. Or are these policemen busy playing computers or watching TV inside their office? Well, I found the answer when I tried to peep on the window at their office right after that door was held up just across their headquarters. Perhaps, Councilor Nick Aliping who is the committee chairman on peace and order could look into this right honorable Aliping?
***
King Arthur is again back to business operating his peryahan cum pasugalan at Sto. Nino Barangay in slaughterhouse compound. Perhaps this man wants to prove he is really a King and untouchable the reason why he came back with his bingo, pulley and dropball games and I just wonder if there was and how much are the cash-sunduans, the reason why the King remains unfazed by bulabog? Right barangay Captain and officials of Sto. Nino Barangay? Ano rin sey mo bos tsip Superintendent Agripino Javier ng Baguio City Police Office”?
***
I am disappointed with some of the offices that handle the amnesty ordinance of structures with no building permit but want to avail of said amnesty for the connection of electrical power from the Benguet Electric Coop.

First is the Beneco not careful in assisting applicants? Some of their staff don’t scrutinize all papers being submitted to them, the reason why some applicants get angry and impatient. The same is true with the special services division at the City Mayor’s Office.

Could you imagine an applicant going back and forth daily at their offices just to complete the papers which they ought to add every time these applicants go back to their offices? Hay sino ba naman ang hindi mahahayblad? What I could say is these offices are just too lousy. Whew!!

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Web Statistics