STRAIGHT FROM THE BIG CITY

>> Saturday, May 24, 2008

A social experiment
IKE SEÑERES

MANILA -- This is the first issue of a new series of columns that will henceforth replace my previous “Essays in Development” series. Starting with this issue, I will now shift from the essay form to the narrative form, yet another experiment in literary forms.
**
In what could also be an experiment in journalistic forms, I will now try to jive the content of my new television show with the content of this column. My show, “Ka Iking Live!” now comes out in Destiny Cable Channel 3, every Friday from 9:30 p.m. to 10:30 p.m..
**
My television show aims to bring out “The News behind the News”, using the one on one interview format that I perfected during my days at DZEC and Net 25. Having said that, I would like to thank my “discoverer”, trainer and mentor Ka Jerson Samson for helping me hone my skills in this format.
**
Needless to say, my television show falls within the genre of investigative journalism, not really a new journalistic form, but is still open to a lot of experimentation in its delivery. In my case, I am going to give a focus to development topics, giving it the same hot treatment as any other current news.
**
My friend Professor Louie Checa Montemar of the De La Salle University’s Department of Political says that my show could be considered as a new social experiment, while at the same time it could become a venue for public service.
**
As if things have turned full circle for me, it is actually one of the readers of my column who became my new “discoverer”. Mr. Mike Delgado happens to be an executive of Destiny Cable and he was the one who introduced me to the top management of Global News Network (GNN), the producer of my show.
**
If you want my show to come out in your area, please ask your provider.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP  

Web Statistics